5 kilometer (3.1 mile) road race
The race starts and finishes in downtown Duluth near Hill Street during the Duluth Fall Festival. Parking for race is available in and around Coleman Middle School.
DATE & TIME
Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 8:00am
We are happy to continue our support of the Methodist Children’s Home vision of a world where every children is raised in a loving, compassionate, and nurturing home. Their Foster Care Program provides hope and healing to children who have been neglected or abused by providing loving foster homes, as well as helping children find permanent homes through reunification with their birth parents or through adoption. UMCH serves the North Georgia community.
- Dunkin Donuts & Coffee provided for all race participants
- Chip timing race results
- Peachtree Road Race Qualifier
- Awards ceremony for all division winners in 5K
- Gwinnett Medical Center’s “Couch to 5K” program available free of charge for all race participants
- Tech shirt guaranteed to pre-registered participants
PROCEEDS BENEFIT A GREAT CAUSE!
- The United Methodist Children's Home believes that every child should be raised in a loving, compassionate, and nurturing home with the opportunity to thrive.
- Our Foster Care Program provides hope and healing to children who have been neglected or abused by providing loving foster homes, and helps children find permanent homes through reunification with their birth parents or through adoption.
- Our Family Housing Program provides transitional houseing and support on our Decatur campus for families that are homeless. We help them achieve sustainable independence so that they can stay together and lead healthy, safe, and fruitful lives.
- Our Independent and Transitional Living programs help foster youth ages 18-21 build a network of adult mentors and develop the life and career skills to stand on their own. Youth live on campus and then transition to live independently off campus as we teach, encourage, and equip them to become productive members of society.
We have worked to heal children, unite families, and change lives in North Georgia for more that 144 years. Learn more at www.umchildrenshome.org.